Discuss Scratch

EncloCreations
Scratcher
500+ posts

The First Scratch Movie! (thats an hour long)

I' think it would be intersting if a group of scratchers got together and made a movie, a high quality movie. By high quality i mean the quality in which mt crafter, or xOnic make their games, but this movie will be a full hour long. I am looking for a group of scratchers to help me achieve this, as though scratch has never seen a movie in this size (1 hour long) and quality, im going to need code masterminds to find esay ways to not reach the data limit. Animator geniuses to ensure the best quality of a project their can be!!! Although theirs not an exact idea of our movie (our story writers are thinking……) we would be so happy if youd help use on this project, as this might be not only the largest movie, but the largest project scratch has ever seen, and ill make sure we achieve this wonderful project
————————————————————————————————————————————————————–
Jobs
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————
*20 Animators
-monstercat14
-oxiti8
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
*15 Coders
-Canyon202
-makethebrainhappy
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
*5 Story Makers (Must be extremley active)
-Epic404
-purplebook163
-mineguy1004
-
-
*6 script writers
-
-
-
-
-
-
*10 Managers (Must be extremley active) (manage the job studio of their choice)
-EncloCreations
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
*12 Board (must be active for every meeting) (They decide if a script goes on or not)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
*3 Checkers (check the movie is fun and appropiate for all ages, constantly checking each scene)
-makethebrainhappy
-EncloCreations
-
*2 Design Checkrs (Check if the design of the movie is good enough)
-
-
*15 Background Makers (make the background scenes)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
*9 Character makers (make the characters of the story, perferably in vector mode )
-Epic404
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
*1 Reporter (checks if there is any inappropiate activity or harsh activity going on durinng the movie)
-
5 Advertsers (makes teaser trailers and such, also put the finished movie in as many studios as possible)
-oxiti8
-ilikeblue32
-
-
-
-
Q & A
(Question) Who will host the finished project??
(Answer) A new account for this movie

(Question) Is there like a studio or something?
(Answer) Yes, the main studio can be found here: http://scratch.mit.edu/studios/1025134/

(Question) Is this really going to be an hour long!!!
(Answer) An hour or MORE

(Question) How can i participate in this or help you guys
(Answer) Ask in the comments of this project and we'll invite you to become curator to the main studio and the studio containing your job (The main studio is for people to put the finished scenes or where to jobs can collaborate)

(Question) How long will this take
(Answer) The longer it take, the better the movie-
So what are you waiting for, lets get started, apply in the comments below

Last edited by EncloCreations (March 18, 2015 12:46:00)

Epic404
Scratcher
28 posts

Wow this seems like a great idea! I was wondering if I would be able to apply for more than one thing. I'm almost always active every day, and the times I don't get online are slim. If I could apply for more than one, here are the jobs that interest me:
*Story Maker
*Character Maker
*Checker

So, yeah! I think this idea is great! The only reason that I don't really want to do some of the scripts is because my coding isn't very advanced. I do like writing, so I do think it would be great for me to help design the base for the story! I also beleive it would be cool to design and make the characters and form their personality! And yeah, it would also be nice to be a checker to make sure the content is appropriate for all viewers!

Thanks for putting this out here and for the idea; I'm really excited about this and what it could turn into! I hope you get loads more people interested into this idea so this would be success! Bye for now!

when green flag clicked
say [Hai! I'm Epic404! Are you having a good day?]
switch costume to [Smiley Face v]
EncloCreations
Scratcher
500+ posts

Epic404 wrote:

Wow this seems like a great idea! I was wondering if I would be able to apply for more than one thing. I'm almost always active every day, and the times I don't get online are slim. If I could apply for more than one, here are the jobs that interest me:
*Story Maker
*Character Maker
*Checker

So, yeah! I think this idea is great! The only reason that I don't really want to do some of the scripts is because my coding isn't very advanced. I do like writing, so I do think it would be great for me to help design the base for the story! I also beleive it would be cool to design and make the characters and form their personality! And yeah, it would also be nice to be a checker to make sure the content is appropriate for all viewers!

Thanks for putting this out here and for the idea; I'm really excited about this and what it could turn into! I hope you get loads more people interested into this idea so this would be success! Bye for now!
Hey Epic! We would be pleased to have you, the only concern i have is that you chose three jobs and our max is two jobs per person and it is recommended that you only choose one. Knowing this could you choose two jobs or one job out of those three jobs, this is so many people dont get their place taken, reply to this comment with your job or two jobs. Thank you for your interest in this expiriment. Once I know the job or jobs you have chosen i can put you in a group.
Epic404
Scratcher
28 posts

EncloCreations wrote:

Epic404 wrote:

*Story Maker
*Character Maker
*Checker

Hey Epic! We would be pleased to have you, the only concern i have is that you chose three jobs and our max is two jobs per person and it is recommended that you only choose one. Knowing this could you choose two jobs or one job out of those three jobs, this is so many people dont get their place taken, reply to this comment with your job or two jobs. Thank you for your interest in this expiriment. Once I know the job or jobs you have chosen i can put you in a group.
Alright, I understand! If it's ok, it would be nice to have my first two selections! Thanks for responding quickly!

when green flag clicked
monstercat14
Scratcher
47 posts

Can I be an animator?
EncloCreations
Scratcher
500+ posts

monstercat14 wrote:

Can I be an animator?
Sure! Accept both curator appllications im going to send you and your an official animator!
Epic404
Scratcher
28 posts

Just to let you know, I;m kind of new to collabarations like this. :0 So could you please tell me how we will do this, like sharing the scripts and costumes and such? Sorry if this is annoying! I understand how you would put the scenes into the main studio, but do you just make project with your thing and put it in the studio? (Like you would make a sprite in a project and share it)

when green flag clicked
Canyon202
Scratcher
22 posts

Canyon202 says:

Hi. Canyon202 here. Do you like coding? I do. Can I program? Also, I think this is a great idea. Thank you. Please put my request into consideration.

-Canyon22-

-Canyon22-
monstercat14
Scratcher
47 posts

yay
monstercat14
Scratcher
47 posts

Could I also make characters?
EncloCreations
Scratcher
500+ posts

Canyon202 wrote:

Canyon202 says:

Hi. Canyon202 here. Do you like coding? I do. Can I program? Also, I think this is a great idea. Thank you. Please put my request into consideration.

Yes Canyon! Please accept both curator invitations im about to send you and you are an official coder!
EncloCreations
Scratcher
500+ posts

monstercat14 wrote:

Could I also make characters?
Try to only pick one
mineguy1004
Scratcher
59 posts

Ello mate i'd like to try out for (MINOR) script writer, Story Dec, teaser, Board, manger, Checker, and loading screen creator. (If you need one) ALSO VOICE ACTOR (Could do and want to do)
MAN that's a lot of jobs. Though I already have an idea for a movie somewhat in my head. Hey do you enjoy comedy? You can trust me with 8 jobs right? I have plenty of time on my hands to begin with soo yeah.

Last edited by mineguy1004 (March 12, 2015 05:00:06)

makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I can check, code, and manage

My Credentials:
Scratch Helper- help with Welcoming Committee
Ultra Player Collaboration- Programmer
Melodia- Graduate
Pro Invent Inc.- Tutorial Maker
Book Inc.- Programmer
Corn & Company- Manager
etc.
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Are you sure this is possible? The largest scratch animation I've seen is 7 minutes long. Please mind the 50MB project limit.

bottom text
EncloCreations
Scratcher
500+ posts

makethebrainhappy wrote:

My Credentials:
Melodia- Graduate
Book Inc.- Programmer
Corn & Company- Manager
etc.
Ill add you as a checker and a coder
EncloCreations
Scratcher
500+ posts

[

makethebrainhappy wrote:

My Credentials:
Melodia- Graduate
Book Inc.- Programmer
Corn & Company- Manager
etc.
Accept both of my curation invites, (the job studio and the main studio)
EncloCreations
Scratcher
500+ posts

mineguy1004 wrote:

Ello mate i'd like to try out for (MINOR) script writer, Story Dec, teaser, Board, manger, Checker, and loading screen creator. (If you need one) ALSO VOICE ACTOR (Could do and want to do)
MAN that's a lot of jobs. Though I already have an idea for a movie somewhat in my head. Hey do you enjoy comedy? You can trust me with 8 jobs right? I have plenty of time on my hands to begin with soo yeah.
Heheheyyy Mate! What are the odds. 8 Jobs is a bit to much (for me even) could you pick a job out of those eight jobs you would really like???
EncloCreations
Scratcher
500+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

Are you sure this is possible? The largest scratch animation I've seen is 7 minutes long. Please mind the 50MB project limit.
Could you watch a picture of a scratch cat one hour… Yes.. Could you watch the scratchcat move for one hour left and right… yes.. Could you add sweet animations and a story for one hour… YES So it is possible…
EncloCreations
Scratcher
500+ posts

Epic404 wrote:

Just to let you know, I;m kind of new to collabarations like this. :0 So could you please tell me how we will do this, like sharing the scripts and costumes and such? Sorry if this is annoying! I understand how you would put the scenes into the main studio, but do you just make project with your thing and put it in the studio? (Like you would make a sprite in a project and share it)
Yes sort off, lets say you add scene one, (once its approved by the manager of your studio) to the main studio, then another person will go to the project and add their backpack. Then they would work on the code and finally add it to the main studio.. Then if another scene gets done, the would unite those to sprites into a project.