Discuss Scratch

hrududu114
Scratcher
13 posts

REM!X Button, Please!

HEY SCRATCHERS AND ADMINS!! Today, @TinyGirl90, me, and fellow Scratchers would like to introduce a new topic: an OPTIONAL Remix Button. Yes, that is right. We believe that if we have a Remix Button, Scratchers will not be copied and/or have their projects “recolored” without his/her permission. There will no longer be problems about who copied who. To learn more, check out our official Studio, “REM!X Button, Please!” STUDIO LINK: http://scratch.mit.edu/studios/791374/ Thanks so much!! We hope you join our cause.

when [remix button v] key pressed
say [woo-hooo!!!!!!] for (10,000) secs
if <remixes are allowed> then
cheer with happiness!!
end

@hrududu114 :P
FlowerTruck10
Scratcher
39 posts

REM!X Button, Please!

I think a better fit for this would be in Suggestions. You should ask a Scratch Team member to move it.

Harakou
Scratcher
1000+ posts

REM!X Button, Please!

FlowerTruck10 wrote:

I think a better fit for this would be in Suggestions. You should ask a Scratch Team member to move it.
Very true! However, please note that this suggestion is covered by the stickied thread in that forum, and has been rejected as many times as it's been suggested. (And that's a lot, trust me!)

jvvg wrote:

3. Disabling “See inside” (formerly locking downloads)
Several people want to be able to lock their projects so that they are read-only, and other people can't see the code to copy their scripts, sounds, or artwork. However, the motto of Scratch is “Imagine - Program - Share”. By putting a project on the site, you give anyone who sees it the right to see your code, all data in it, and potentially copy it. Part of the whole goal of Scratch is remixing. If you do not wish to allow this, then you are welcome to publish the project on your own site (once the downloadable Scratch 2.0 comes out).