Discuss Scratch

JackK211424
Scratcher
500+ posts

A block that lets you easily make a system that lets you save your game.

ScolderCreations wrote:

I think to be safe, we should only allow it to save numbers and symbols. Otherwise, it could download a ton of inappropriate content without anyone knowing.
If the HTML5 web storage api was used, it could save data that is not viewable unless you use the console, therefore eliminating this problem.

tinycoder8675
Scratcher
100+ posts

No scratch team member has seen this yet. Come on…

JackK211424 wrote:

ScolderCreations wrote:

I think to be safe, we should only allow it to save numbers and symbols. Otherwise, it could download a ton of inappropriate content without anyone knowing.
If the HTML5 web storage api was used, it could save data that is not viewable unless you use the console, therefore eliminating this problem.
So you can't look at the data, but the computer can. That would be useful for saving names of items and usernames. Other players wouldn't be able to access your data, right?

This is my pet, Siggy! He creates kumquats for me and destroys anti-kumquat signatures! You can make a Siggy too!

when green flag clicked
repeat until <self destruct button clicked>
if <Kumquats > 1> then
Pour out [all] Kumquats upon [the world]
Demand [100000000000] Dollars To Remove [1] Kumquat
end
Self Destruct

when green flag clicked
forever
Generate Kumquats[100]
Destroy Anti-Kumquat signatures
end
tinycoder8675
Scratcher
100+ posts

bump

This is my pet, Siggy! He creates kumquats for me and destroys anti-kumquat signatures! You can make a Siggy too!

when green flag clicked
if <Kumquats > 1> then
end
Self Destruct

when green flag clicked
forever
Generate Kumquats[100]
end
roketH77
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support!

Moved to reidling–
mitdk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

tinycoder8675 wrote:

JackK211424 wrote:

ScolderCreations wrote:

So you can't look at the data, but the computer can. That would be useful for saving names of items and usernames. Other players wouldn't be able to access your data, right?
nope.

i'd say one more thing:

Instead of going to your computer, maybe it could store it onto my stuff, like projects. it would be even lighter on the server than creating a project, and you could even access it. Example:

First i play a game, blah blah blah, i love and fave, and i exit. the block saves my colossal profits i made in the tycoon. Now, i go to my stuff and there is a section called ‘Stored Variables’. I click on the section and i can see the variable's value. i can't edit it, just see it, and if i want, delete it. Then, i revisit the game, and a block checks for stored variables, uploads my colossal profits, and i play on.
ScolderCreations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please don't say support without giving a reason.

ButterflyWings22
Scratcher
100+ posts

I support this suggestion. It seems useful in many ways and I am sure that many people will use it especially when they have big projects
ButterflyWings22
Scratcher
100+ posts

JackK211424 wrote:

ScolderCreations wrote:

You're right.
tinycoder8675
Scratcher
100+ posts

mitdk wrote:

tinycoder8675 wrote:

JackK211424 wrote:

ScolderCreations wrote:

nope.

i'd say one more thing:

Instead of going to your computer, maybe it could store it onto my stuff, like projects. it would be even lighter on the server than creating a project, and you could even access it. Example:

First i play a game, blah blah blah, i love and fave, and i exit. the block saves my colossal profits i made in the tycoon. Now, i go to my stuff and there is a section called ‘Stored Variables’. I click on the section and i can see the variable's value. i can't edit it, just see it, and if i want, delete it. Then, i revisit the game, and a block checks for stored variables, uploads my colossal profits, and i play on.
eh, that is ok, but how about this: you go onto a tycoon game, do your stuff, have the save block run, and exit. you can't see it, but a file was created on your computer(or cloud storage, I guess). later, you go to the sequel of that same tycoon game, and it reads that file and takes the data, rebooting your data, even though it isn't the original game.

Last edited by tinycoder8675 (July 29, 2021 16:53:36)

when green flag clicked
if <Kumquats > 1> then
end
Self Destruct

when green flag clicked
forever
Generate Kumquats[100]
end
tinycoder8675
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump

when green flag clicked
if <Kumquats > 1> then
end
Self Destruct

when green flag clicked
forever
Generate Kumquats[100]
end
tinycoder8675
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump

when green flag clicked
if <Kumquats > 1> then
end
Self Destruct

when green flag clicked
forever
Generate Kumquats[100]
end
ImYourFwend_
Scratcher
100+ posts

BestBoi1 wrote:

Lots of games on Scratch are long, like idle or RPGs. A block that saves the game and loads it would be very useful. Maybe it could automatically export a code that can be loaded, so that we can still export games with websites.
Sure! I would like those!

This is my signature. I love cats a much very much!

CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW to see more of my siggy!
[(。・∀・)ノ゙]

This is Weirdy. He protects my signature from villians.

I hate 60 secs cooldown

Mech Arena lover!

Video game lover… maybe

The daily best project

My mission is to reach 500+ posts
tinycoder8675
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump

when green flag clicked
if <Kumquats > 1> then
end
Self Destruct

when green flag clicked
forever
Generate Kumquats[100]
end
tinycoder8675
Scratcher
100+ posts

bump

when green flag clicked
if <Kumquats > 1> then
end
Self Destruct

when green flag clicked
forever
Generate Kumquats[100]
end