Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Warriors - by Erin Hunter

luiysia wrote:

Dabby wrote:

why is this site so dang obsessed with this series
because it's pretty good and cats r cool
I actually haven't seen Warriors on here as much as I used to, but that's probably because I don't go on the front page much anymore.

Have a cute, curled up Peridot.
Deerleg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Epicness123 wrote:

Why I hate it:
1.They attack almost every person they see
Sorry to bring this back up(it was on the first page) but I was looking through this thread and I would like to make a comment.
They don't attack people. And they don't attack unless they have to.
In fact, you could call them peaceful except for a few fights.

Deerleg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DJ-stickman wrote:

I used to really enjoy the series and I started a crazy craze for it in my old school - lots of people read it more since I spread it round (I'm quite popular so it helps) but nowadays I don't really read it anymore…. It was really good though!
Me too. Though it kind of backfired. It made me not so very popular. And I failed. Well, not really.

Last edited by Deerleg (Feb. 20, 2014 17:58:53)

Mattjod
Scratcher
100+ posts

I love Warriors! Best series ever! I love the first series.

Hello, I don't use Scratch much anymore but I might come on at some point!
harleyquin
Scratcher
94 posts

Firestar has main character syndrome. Even Tigerstar recognized that in Tigerclaw's Fury. And when the main bad guy recognizes the main character has MCS, then you know something is wrong.

monsters are everywhere, you just haven't met them yet
—-
♥check out these awesome people
—-
espurr has seen all
MissPuggy
Scratcher
500+ posts

dontbombiraq wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

I read the first 12 books or something when I was in fourth and fifth grade and thought they were alright. The series seems to suffer from an overload of content, though; there's just too many books.
hater!!!
Just because they don't agree with your opinion, doesn't mean anything. THERE IS TOO MANY BOOKS THOUGH!!!!! I love the series though.

MissPuggy: Lover of anime, pugs, and being strange!
Do me a favor and look at my anime pixel art!
Sometimes I look down and think, at one point a pug walked here….
Mattjod
Scratcher
100+ posts

Deerleg wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

Deerleg wrote:

I noticed that all bad guys in Warriors have family issues.
Like Tigerstar's father, Pinestar, left to become a kittypet.
And Brokenstar didn't know who his mother was.
Then of course Hawkfrost's father was Tigerstar. Not sure what Darkstripe's issue was, though.
Darkstripe was influenced by friends, I think. Exception.
And
SPOILER ALERT!
And Tigerstar's ansestor was a SkyClan cat.
Spoilers end here.

Mattjod
Scratcher
100+ posts

Deerleg wrote:

Epicness123 wrote:

Why I hate it:
1.They attack almost every person they see
Sorry to bring this back up(it was on the first page) but I was looking through this thread and I would like to make a comment.
They don't attack people. And they don't attack unless they have to.
In fact, you could call them peaceful except for a few fights.
If anything, people (a.k.a. Twolegs) attack them.

harleyquin
Scratcher
94 posts

I finished reading Bluestar's Prophecy today. It was great! I've been meaning to read it for a while.

—-
—-
espurr has seen all
Mattjod
Scratcher
100+ posts

harleyquin wrote:

I finished reading Bluestar's Prophecy today. It was great! I've been meaning to read it for a while.
Cool, I'm currently rereadig Crookedstar's Promise.

jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I wasn't interested in Warrior Cats when I first read it, but my brother made me read it again a few months ago, and now I'm addicted xD
I also like Ranger's Apprentice which I've almost finished. I'm currently reading The Emperor of Nihon-Ja and I finished the whole Warrior Cats series except the manga and a few of the lone books like Hollyleaf's Story or Mistystar's Prophecy.

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
harryvu
New to Scratch
1 post

Yeap, I love this
jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

harryvu wrote:

Yeap, I love this
It's funny how you spent your first post on this topic. xD

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
Deerleg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I hope you people don't mind but this NEEDS BUMPING.
(the long way of saying bump)

PonyPokiPanikku
Scratcher
500+ posts

(Deleting my old embarrassing posts…)

Last edited by PonyPokiPanikku (Jan. 15, 2022 22:19:07)

harleyquin
Scratcher
94 posts

PonyPokiPanikku wrote:

Eren Jaeger… Erin Hunter… Hmmmm….
Oh my gosh I have been thinking the same thing for AGES. I dunno why I didn't post it before, though. I guess I was just scared because of how much the warriors fandom is disliked, and since SNK is pretty popular…
Sorry, getting a little bit off topic.
(SPOILER WARNING FOR THE WHOLE WARRIORS SERIES IN THIS BIT COMING UP)
Anyway, I'm rereading the first series, and the bit with { spoiler }Spottedleaf's 2nd death (I guess you could say re-death?){ /spoiler } and FireStar didn't really make sense, because they barely knew each other, and apparently Spottedleaf liked him? So that was a bit confusing. I guess their time together was omitted? Because, you know, {spoiler }Spottedleaf dies quite early on{ /spoiler }.

Then again, the Last Hope is a bit…sloppy, I guess you could say. I mean, the whole prophecy thing with the four cats was already adding on more than needed, but when the whole big savior of the clans guy ends up being FIRESTAR (again, might I add, that's just too much power that one cat can have. I mean, he already saved the clans TWICE, in both the 1st and 2nd series (not really a spoiler here), but now he does it again. Mary Sue, anyone?

…oh, that ended up being a rant about how much I hate Firecat. Oops. But still, you must admit my point gets across, right?

Also, I have a comment to make about Dawn of the Clans…
*ahem*

{ HUGE SPOILER WARNING LIKE SERIOUSLY NOT KIDDING BRO}YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. THUNDER HAS THE SAME BASUC COLORSCHEME AS FIRESTAR?! AND REALLY, ARE THE ERINS JUST TRYING TO MAKE EVERYTHING ABOUT CATS THAT ARE LIKE HIM? I MEAN FIRESTAR = PREVIOUS KITTYPET, THUNDER = SEMI-PREVIOUS KITTYPET (I mean, his mom ran off to be one, so…) AND THEN THEY KILL OFF BROKEN SHADOW, WHO IS MENTIONED TO HAVE HELPED START SHADOWCLAN FOR PETES SAKE. HOW CAN A DEAD CAT HELP FOUND A FREAKING CLAN? SHES DEAD FOR CHEESES SAKE! THAT DOESNT MAKE SENSE!!{ /END HUGE SPOILERS FOR DotC }
There. Rant over. Sorry about all caps, I'm just pretty peeved that the Erin's pulled a stupid stunt like this.

—-
—-
espurr has seen all
Deerleg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

harleyquin wrote:

PonyPokiPanikku wrote:

Oh my gosh I have been thinking the same thing for AGES. I dunno why I didn't post it before, though. I guess I was just scared because of how much the warriors fandom is disliked, and since SNK is pretty popular…
Anyway, I'm rereading the first series, and the bit with { spoiler }Spottedleaf's 2nd death (I guess you could say re-death?){ /spoiler } and FireStar didn't really make sense, because they barely knew each other, and apparently Spottedleaf liked him? So that was a bit confusing. I guess their time together was omitted? Because, you know, {spoiler }Spottedleaf dies quite early on{ /spoiler }.

Then again, the Last Hope is a bit…sloppy, I guess you could say. I mean, the whole prophecy thing with the four cats was already adding on more than needed, but when the whole big savior of the clans guy ends up being FIRESTAR (again, might I add, that's just too much power that one cat can have. I mean, he already saved the clans TWICE, in both the 1st and 2nd series (not really a spoiler here), but now he does it again. Mary Sue, anyone?

…oh, that ended up being a rant about how much I hate Firecat. Oops. But still, you must admit my point gets across, right?

*ahem*

{ HUGE SPOILER WARNING LIKE SERIOUSLY NOT KIDDING BRO}YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. THUNDER HAS THE SAME BASUC COLORSCHEME AS FIRESTAR?! AND REALLY, ARE THE ERINS JUST TRYING TO MAKE EVERYTHING ABOUT CATS THAT ARE LIKE HIM? I MEAN FIRESTAR = PREVIOUS KITTYPET, THUNDER = SEMI-PREVIOUS KITTYPET (I mean, his mom ran off to be one, so…) AND THEN THEY KILL OFF BROKEN SHADOW, WHO IS MENTIONED TO HAVE HELPED START SHADOWCLAN FOR PETES SAKE. HOW CAN A DEAD CAT HELP FOUND A FREAKING CLAN? SHES DEAD FOR CHEESES SAKE! THAT DOESNT MAKE SENSE!!{ /END HUGE SPOILERS FOR DotC }
There. Rant over. Sorry about all caps, I'm just pretty peeved that the Erin's pulled a stupid stunt like this.
The Last Hope is the BEST BOOK IN THE WHOLE SERIES!!!
And Dawn of the Clans seems pretty promising. (I only read the first book.)

Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

harleyquin wrote:

PonyPokiPanikku wrote:

*ahem*

I completely agree with the Firestar part. However, slight correction: a male Mary Sue is actually called a Gary Stu.

Have a cute, curled up Peridot.
Garr8
Scratcher
100+ posts

I read all of the books in the first series, but I have not read any of the others.

They are really good books, but people make fun of me for liking it because they say I am too old for it.

I'm 17, btw.