Discuss Scratch

Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Stop banning users unfairly.

TheHockeyist wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Then appeal, saying you want to make another account. Let them know.
Whenever I appealed, I said that I wanted that account back. If the appeal failed, appeal again. If the mods ignore me, wait a few months and make another account. Rinse and repeat. But anyway, the mods don't hate me now, but the problem is I'm still vulnerable.
seanbobe
Scratcher
500+ posts

what did the reason for ban say? the ban might have been for ban evasion. not your earlier actions. the 1hr ban may have been because someone thought that you changing accounts was ban evasion.

Sadly my kumquat was eaten by an evil signature.
Scratcher
1000+ posts

seanbobe wrote:

what did the reason for ban say? the ban might have been for ban evasion. not your earlier actions. the 1hr ban may have been because someone thought that you changing accounts was ban evasion.
It was for a ban evasion. (Please don't kill me…) But I'm on the mods' “good side” now.

Last edited by TheHockeyist (July 8, 2014 14:37:44)

northmeister
Scratcher
100+ posts

You're complaining that you were banned for evading a ban (which is against the rules)? You're saying that's unfair? Whatever the circumstances, doing this is not allowed without permission so your ban was fully justified.

“Explain to me again why we need particle accelerators to bake cookies?” - misguided local woman

Visit my Minecraft server here, or its Scratch topic here.
Dreamo
Scratcher
500+ posts

TheHockeyist wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Whenever I appealed, I said that I wanted that account back. If the appeal failed, appeal again. If the mods ignore me, wait a few months and make another account. Rinse and repeat. But anyway, the mods don't hate me now, but the problem is I'm still vulnerable.
Support. I feel bad for you. Just wondering, did you leave the pianist account just because you didn't like the username, or was it a block/ban? (I don't mean to pry)

Deerleg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

northmeister wrote:

You're complaining that you were banned for evading a ban (which is against the rules)? You're saying that's unfair? Whatever the circumstances, doing this is not allowed without permission so your ban was fully justified.
Good point.
But I do agree that it is not fair to blame someone for their actions a year ago. On the other hand, has all evidence of you spamming been erased? Someone might see it and report you then.

TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dreamo wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Support. I feel bad for you. Just wondering, did you leave the pianist account just because you didn't like the username, or was it a block/ban? (I don't mean to pry)
I just hated my username.

Deerleg wrote:

northmeister wrote:

Good point.
But I do agree that it is not fair to blame someone for their actions a year ago. On the other hand, has all evidence of you spamming been erased? Someone might see it and report you then.

They have removed it, however as I said, I'm still vulnerable.

northmeister wrote:

Again, the original account's ban is permanent and the account was deleted. I wanted to rejoin the community, so I had to create another account.

Last edited by TheHockeyist (July 8, 2014 16:30:13)

turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Agree. Extremely old mistakes of the past currently reported should not be taken into account for a ban. BTW were you that user with the Canadian logo? Dvd4 of something?

Last edited by turkey3 (July 8, 2014 16:40:37)

TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

turkey3 wrote:

Agree. Extremely old mistakes of the past currently reported should not be taken into account for a ban. BTW were you that user with the Canadian logo? Dvd4 of something?
Me? No.

dracae
Scratcher
1000+ posts

turkey3 wrote:

Ooooooh I remember Dvd4… Ah the memories…

joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

northmeister wrote:

Lets put it this way. Would it be fair for the Scratch Team to continue banning you even if you agreed to follow the Community Guidelines? While it is not ok to evade a ban, it would not be fair for a user to continue to get banned even after he/she changed…

I have made mean comments before. Yes.. I have. I named and shamed a user, defended a spammer. I said to someone who said to a spammer “So? Why does it offend you when someone spammed?” Now I feel bad. I was not reported, but it really feels bad for the mean comments I made before. Now imagine that I got banned for past mistakes. I would not only regret that I made the comments, I would feel even more terrible to get banned.

Last edited by joshuaho (July 8, 2014 18:20:30)

College student studying Communication and Fire Technology, communication lab tutor, guitar and piano player, perfectionist, and just some guy who regularly eats and trains physically to stay healthy.
derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sonickyle wrote:

they-might-be-cats wrote:

joshuaho wrote:

I do agree with this… You have my support.
Same with me
Yeah! Support!
Support!

hey bro that's a pretty good meme xD!
klomaster10
Scratcher
100+ posts

1ce_k1d wrote:

Maybe we can make a ‘suspicious’ mode, achieved by what TheHockeyist was describing.
Anyone who is under suspicious mode will be checked up on every week or so, but will gain near unlimited usage of Scratch. If criminal activity is done under suspicion, they will be banned permanently.
Could we do that?
I think this is probably the best way to solve this. Although the words “criminal activity” is a bit harsh.
Blueinkproductions
Scratcher
1000+ posts

+1

Generation 2: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
____                  _____  _______              
| \ | | | | | |\ | | /
|___/ | | | |__ | | \ | |/
| \ | | | | | | \ | |\
| | | | | | | | \ | | \
|___/ L____ \___/ |_____ ___|___ | \| | \
PRODUCTIONS

Here's a hint: support = support.

<shameless self promotion>follow me! follow me! follow me! love my stuff! love my stuff! love my stuff! follow me! love my stuff! remix my stuff! follow me! follow me! </shameless self promotion>
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

joshuaho wrote:

northmeister wrote:

Lets put it this way. Would it be fair for the Scratch Team to continue banning you even if you agreed to follow the Community Guidelines? While it is not ok to evade a ban, it would not be fair for a user to continue to get banned even after he/she changed…

I have made mean comments before. Yes.. I have. I named and shamed a user, defended a spammer. I said to someone who said to a spammer “So? Why does it offend you when someone spammed?” Now I feel bad. I was not reported, but it really feels bad for the mean comments I made before. Now imagine that I got banned for past mistakes. I would not only regret that I made the comments, I would feel even more terrible to get banned.
There is a large difference between saying sorry and continuing and continuing, then saying sorry.

Also, if you don't mind, what did you put in your appeal? If it was basically asking for an account back with no reasons of why you want it back and what you'd do in the future, they wouldn't bother with the appeal.

Last edited by Firedrake969 (July 10, 2014 13:19:02)

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Firedrake969 wrote:

Also, if you don't mind, what did you put in your appeal? If it was basically asking for an account back with no reasons of why you want it back and what you'd do in the future, they wouldn't bother with the appeal.

I asked for my account back with reasons why I wanted it back and also that I understood that my behavior was bad and why it should have changed. And the ST looked at my appeals. Mine went “rejected, ignored, rejected, ignored, rejected, IP banned, accepted with a harsh warning, accepted with a less harsh warning”.

Chainmanner
Scratcher
100+ posts

TheHockeyist wrote:

seanbobe wrote:

It was for a ban evasion. (Please don't kill me…) But I'm on the mods' “good side” now.
I agree with you that judgement based on past actions is really, really stupid, but evading a ban is much riskier than sitting and discussing it with moderators.
TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Chainmanner wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

seanbobe wrote:

I agree with you that judgement based on past actions is really, really stupid, but evading a ban is much riskier than sitting and discussing it with moderators.
I discussed it with them before creating a new account.

Braeden5454
Scratcher
500+ posts

Chainmanner wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

seanbobe wrote:

What if your standing and tlaking to them?

No text here-> Haha April Fools, You spent 3 seconds highlighting this.
move () steps

If you think my post was helpful, you may want to Follow me to receive updated and useful tips.
I am raeden5454. You can check out some more projects at My Prof
404 Error. Cannot find page “signature”. Reason: Kumquat consumption
TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Braeden5454 wrote:

Chainmanner wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

seanbobe wrote:

What if your standing and tlaking to them?
I'm in the wrong time zone.