Discuss Scratch

STEM4CT
Scratcher
7 posts

Updates! 22 May 2014

I am just learning Scratch and preparing to teach it this Summer to a bunch of students as an enrichment activity. Are there plans in the works to add a voice synthesizer to have spoken words by Sprite actually produce sound?

Thanks and keep up the good works.

Scratchy VonScratcherton
Znapi
Scratcher
500+ posts

Updates! 22 May 2014

I already found that all the “stop (something)” blocks turned to “stop (other scripts in this sprite)” blocks, and I can't fix them . THey just keep going back to “stop (other scripts in this sprite)” blocks.

Last edited by Znapi (May 23, 2014 01:13:55)

gdpr533f604550b2f20900645890
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Updates! 22 May 2014

Cool! Now Scratchers won`t report other Scratchers` profiles for mean behavior and will have to use Contact Us! I made the mistake of reporting a troll`s profile and got an alert because I used the report feature wrong, and now other Scratchers won`t make the same mistake.
Kasai-
Scratcher
23 posts

Updates! 22 May 2014

HORRAY FOR UPDATES!!!!

♫♥Kasai♥♫
jefferson8
Scratcher
100+ posts

Updates! 22 May 2014

MCAnimator3D wrote:

Finally! I really hated that scrollbar. XD
Totally agree with you! My multitouch touchpad would always scroll the editor and I would lose my spot! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

I shall never let this signature ge-

^The above was eaten by a kumquat.
k9lego
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Updates! 22 May 2014

FINALLY! The scroll bar is gone!! Thank you!

- Let's Eat  Grandma! This is a hidden advertisement for the Collab Hyper Cloud Inc. :)
- Let's Eat, Grandma!
Commas Save Lives!

Nothing Much here…

If you want to reply to me, please comment with the link to the topic “On my profile page”. thanks. k9lego
gogeta01
Scratcher
2 posts

Updates! 22 May 2014

Yeah awesome!!! but still can you help with the bug that sprites are flipping
and i cant work on scene creators that i want to make,plz help with that.
ALSO,sometimes i go to see some projects but i can't because it says , The Project failed
to load and the scratch team has been notified,help with that too,if would be great if you helped me with those things,thx!
djdolphin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Updates! 22 May 2014

You forgot to re-enable the username block from the open source code, so it's grey and reports undefined.

!
Nugget3254
Scratcher
3 posts

Updates! 22 May 2014

I don't know if this is because of the update, however, after it came into place, all of my “Stop this script” tiles became “Stop all other scripts in this site” tiles. It ruined my program, and every time I try and switch them back, they replace themselves. I don't know what to do, so if anyone knows whats going on, I could use some help. Thanks in advance.
Nugget3254
Scratcher
3 posts

Updates! 22 May 2014

andycman wrote:

What happened? Suddenly this project: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/22161154/ doesn't work because of the new update! Some of the scripts aren't responding!!!! I need help!!! Why? Is this a known bug? (I will put this in the bugs section of the forms.)(more info: check how timer doesn't work, operating on: , Flash 11.8 (release 800))
I think your experiencing the same thing I am. I looked in your script, and all your stop this script tiles are changed to stop all the sprites scripts tiles. This may not be the problem though, because that may be how you intended it to be in the first place.
Angelblade
Scratcher
100+ posts

Updates! 22 May 2014

Lightnin wrote:

We pushed a bunch of rather largish backend changes today - here's a basic sketch of the ones you can see. (There were lots more in the backend that are hard to see, but will help keep things going smoothly as we grow and grow. )

- Fix for unnecessary scrollbar in editor window (Thanks nXIII!)
- Changed the way reporting profiles and studios works: now asks Scratcher to specify which part of the profile / studio they are reporting.
- New way of storing and loading images and sounds
- Many small fixes in the editor.

We're now deploying the open source code! (w00t!) That means we can incorporate bug fixes submitted from open source developers who want to volunteer to help Scratch.

Scratch On!
So does this mean, that when you report something, you have to explain why your are reporting it?

~Angelblade
forever
say [God Loves EVERYONE!!!]
set [God's Love v] to [Everlasting]
say (join [God's love is] (God's Love))
end
getamac404
Scratcher
67 posts

Updates! 22 May 2014

YAY!!! NOW WITH THE NEW SOURCE CODE, WE CAN MAKE NEW MODIFICATIONS TO SCRATCH 2.0!!! WOOT! (Also, new concept for Scratch 2.1: editor collaboration (people can work on the same project at the same time, kinda like Google Drive.)

<[user v] is in [people who know & help us v] :: list> = <false :: operators>? :: motion
We [need v] your help!! Please (join [getamac] [Networks] :: operators) [now v]! :: grey
Please visit <<url :: operators> = <http:// [Webpage is under maintenance.] :: sensing> :: operators> for more information. :: motion
stop [all v] :: cap control
3xCGames
Scratcher
54 posts

Updates! 22 May 2014

Lightnin wrote:

We pushed a bunch of rather largish backend changes today - here's a basic sketch of the ones you can see. (There were lots more in the backend that are hard to see, but will help keep things going smoothly as we grow and grow. )

- Fix for unnecessary scrollbar in editor window (Thanks nXIII!)
- Changed the way reporting profiles and studios works: now asks Scratcher to specify which part of the profile / studio they are reporting.
- New way of storing and loading images and sounds
- Many small fixes in the editor.

We're now deploying the open source code! (w00t!) That means we can incorporate bug fixes submitted from open source developers who want to volunteer to help Scratch.

Scratch On!
you damaged the username block

when green flag clicked
forever

if <(username) = [3xCGames]>
show variable [superman v]
end

end

v this may be helpful in your projects v
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/22567394/?autostart=false
super202
Scratcher
56 posts

Updates! 22 May 2014

You made the username block gray

Last edited by super202 (May 23, 2014 05:39:05)

My Site
define Life
forever
Eat(A lot)
Game(Steam)
Program(Cool Things)
Reddit(/r/cpp)
Sleep(8)hrs
end
DiamondRock
Scratcher
6 posts

Updates! 22 May 2014

Yay an update!
oli_oli_creeper
Scratcher
15 posts

Updates! 22 May 2014

sounds awesome!
griffpatch
Scratcher
100+ posts

Updates! 22 May 2014

Nugget3254 wrote:

andycman wrote:

What happened? Suddenly this project: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/22161154/ doesn't work because of the new update! Some of the scripts aren't responding!!!! I need help!!! Why? Is this a known bug? (I will put this in the bugs section of the forms.)(more info: check how timer doesn't work, operating on: , Flash 11.8 (release 800))
I think your experiencing the same thing I am. I looked in your script, and all your stop this script tiles are changed to stop all the sprites scripts tiles. This may not be the problem though, because that may be how you intended it to be in the first place.

Paper Minecraft & Epic Ninja have both fallen foul of the update issues… PMC is dead in the water as you can't get past the menu, and Epic Ninja goes crazy if you try and enter the level editor and then come out again (pressing 0). Something really weird is happening!
Gamco_Xtreme
Scratcher
11 posts

Updates! 22 May 2014

it ruined
(username)
blocks

Gamco_Xtreme
Scratcher
11 posts

Updates! 22 May 2014

Last edited by Gamco_Xtreme (May 23, 2014 07:21:20)

Gamco_Xtreme
Scratcher
11 posts

Updates! 22 May 2014

(username)
blocks are undefined grey and no work!