Discuss Scratch

ke1235
Scratcher
100+ posts

We're seeking contributors to help finish our HTML5 Scratch player (now open sourced!)

The readme says “Running the HTML5 player on your own website, or locally, you will need to have PHP so that the proxy.php file can be used to load assets from the same domain.” It sounds like I need to change some setting, but I'm not sure what it means.
;

Last edited by ke1235 (Oct. 30, 2013 01:07:55)

It's the interrobang‽Hey! You found the hidden text!
CODE:0110010001100111011010000110010001100110011001110111001101101001011100000111001100110101001101010011010101110000011001110110011001110011011001110110011000000011

Some of my projects:
———————————
Cloud Lists (230char and caps!) is letter () capital? Saving Platformer test Random question of the (usually) day! Voting Engine (limit 9 options) <You can only vote once!
rodrigocalix
Scratcher
1 post

We're seeking contributors to help finish our HTML5 Scratch player (now open sourced!)

Amazing!!! Iam great with Javascript!!, i will try to do what i can
Thanks!!!
scratchisthebest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ugh, I try to set up my own copy and of course that's when net2ftp goes down and 000webhost explodes

…Do I really need the PHP to get it to run in any way, shape, or form? Can I get a local copy of the files the PHP script gets? Is xdomain policy invalid on a local copy?

thx

I am a Lava Expert
PonyoPenguin
Scratcher
500+ posts

If you buy me a manga I'll help finish your HTML5 Scratch player.

do what makes you happy.
'cause at the end, who's there?
you.
jji7skyline
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Looks promising! I'd help in any way I can, but I can't use github at the moment
scratchisthebest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jji7skyline wrote:

Looks promising! I'd help in any way I can, but I can't use github at the moment
Are you having some life

*puts on sunglasses*

issues

I am a Lava Expert
Hardmath123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Starred! I've been looking forward to this for a while now.

I'd love to help contribute. (I coded the paint editor for Snap!.)
blob8108
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lightnin wrote:

It's not clear how we'll handle 1.4 loads with this player - but rather than implement the entire conversion in the html5 player, again, we could consider doing something server side.
Kurt is pretty stable right now; you could use that to do the whole conversion in Python (EDIT: ie, server-side).

Alternatively, I believe there's pre-existing code for reading .sb files in JS.

Last edited by blob8108 (Oct. 30, 2013 13:45:59)

tosh · slowly becoming a grown-up adult and very confused about it
jji7skyline
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratchisthebest wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

Are you having some life

*puts on sunglasses*

issues
Um… I'm living overseas for a few months and couldn't bring my desktop computer, so I'm on a laptop which doesn't meet requirements for Github so…
BigBlueBlock
Scratcher
500+ posts

How? Are? You? Meant? To? Get? This? Working?

Last edited by BigBlueBlock (Oct. 30, 2013 14:37:04)

LeDerpy123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cool! I wish I knew programming (besides Scratch), but I would love to test it.

My specs: Windows 8.1.2 - 3 GB RAM - Intel Core2 Quad - IE11
BigBlueBlock
Scratcher
500+ posts

BigBlueBlock wrote:

Can somebody please reply?
scimonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BigBlueBlock wrote:

BigBlueBlock wrote:

You need to run it on a webserver. This can be done with something like XAMPP, to run just on your computer, or by creating a free PHP-enabled website (000webhost.com and 1freehosting.com are some options) and putting the code on it.

Alternately, technoboy10 put up the code (it might be a little old though) here, so you can run it.

Retired Community Moderator
BTW, i run Google Chrome 41.0.2272.101 on a Linux system - Ubuntu 14.04. NEW: iPad 4th gen. w/retina.

418 I'm a teapot (original - to be read by bored computer geeks)
THE GAME (you just lost)
; THE SEMICOLON LIVES ON IN OUR SIGS
BigBlueBlock
Scratcher
500+ posts

scimonster wrote:

BigBlueBlock wrote:

BigBlueBlock wrote:

You need to run it on a webserver. This can be done with something like XAMPP, to run just on your computer, or by creating a free PHP-enabled website (000webhost.com and 1freehosting.com are some options) and putting the code on it.

Alternately, technoboy10 put up the code (it might be a little old though) here, so you can run it.
Thanks! I will try to run it on node.js.
scimonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratchisthebest wrote:

Ugh, I try to set up my own copy and of course that's when net2ftp goes down and 000webhost explodes

…Do I really need the PHP to get it to run in any way, shape, or form? Can I get a local copy of the files the PHP script gets? Is xdomain policy invalid on a local copy?

thx
Cool, i use net2ftp too.

Yes, you need PHP for now.
Otherwise, it can't access the files on the Scratch server that it needs.
Hardmath123 seems to have volunteered to work on making it work with local files too. See this issue.

BTW, i run Google Chrome 41.0.2272.101 on a Linux system - Ubuntu 14.04. NEW: iPad 4th gen. w/retina.

THE GAME (you just lost)
BigBlueBlock
Scratcher
500+ posts

scimonster wrote:

scratchisthebest wrote:

thx
Cool, i use net2ftp too.

Yes, you need PHP for now.
Otherwise, it can't access the files on the Scratch server that it needs.
Hardmath123 seems to have volunteered to work on making it work with local files too. See this issue.
Ok.
scimonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BigBlueBlock wrote:

scimonster wrote:

BigBlueBlock wrote:

BigBlueBlock wrote:

Thanks! I will try to run it on node.js.
No, node doesn't support PHP. You need a PHP-enabled server.

THE GAME (you just lost)
blob8108
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BigBlueBlock wrote:

Install Ubuntu, and then have at look at these instructions.

tosh · slowly becoming a grown-up adult and very confused about it
BigBlueBlock
Scratcher
500+ posts

blob8108 wrote:

BigBlueBlock wrote:

Will it work on mint?
Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BigBlueBlock wrote:

blob8108 wrote:

BigBlueBlock wrote:

Will it work on mint?

Almost certainly - mint is a fork of Ubuntu, but from what I understand, the backend bits are basically the same.