Discuss Scratch

jh1234l
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratching Fame ~ You won't be unknown anymore

I made a medium size signature.

[URL=http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/18413/?page=1][IMG=http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3703/w2s8.png][/IMG][/URL]

Last edited by jh1234l (Oct. 25, 2013 02:19:48)

Two Advertising and sharing groups:
Scratch Cat's Hideout: Home Page / Advertise! / Members / Write A Review / Read A Review / FAQs
Scratching fame:

beejayfett
Scratcher
1 post

i request
mcjohnso
Scratcher
47 posts

jh1234l wrote:

[URL=http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/18413/?page=1][IMG=http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3703/w2s8.png][/IMG][/URL]
Cool! Is a medium sized signature really necessary though? The reason I made the small one is that I was running out of space in my signature.

Privacy at its finest

You won't be unknown anymore

I love math, Python, bash scripting, Star Wars, Linux, and EDM. What can I say, I'm a geek.
Running Ubuntu Precise 12.04 Linux distribution with Xfce Desktop Environment.
tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

jh1234l wrote:

I'm impressed of your editing skills, but sadly, we don't need a medium sized signature Thanks for spending time on it, i think it looks great

-Ravenfeather-
Scratcher
18 posts

Can I join? I can advertise Scratchers in my projects
tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

-Ravenfeather- wrote:

Can I join? I can advertise Scratchers in my projects

You're already in.

Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Out of curiosity, what are the requirements for an “unknown” Scratcher?

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

Firedrake969 wrote:

Out of curiosity, what are the requirements for an “unknown” Scratcher?

Just to be unknown. And to deserve attention

Nomolos
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hmm, this seems sort of like one of those charities where the owner spends the money on whatever he'd like, instead of donating it to those ‘orphans’, or in this case ‘new scratchers’.

Look at all these ‘Fresh Supporters’! They've requested to be a member! But what does that do, does that do anything for people who want attention?

I mean, two ‘Supporter’ ranks aren't even about supporting scratchers. It's just advertising this thing. You're getting member after member, but has this charity been doing any good? Who has seriously benefited from it? You are getting the attention you want, but the people supposedly targeted aren't.

Just pointing this out, I don't mean any serious offenses against this.

Last edited by Nomolos (Oct. 25, 2013 19:29:14)

This account quit, but I'm still active on my other account, SilverEagle.

Hey! Are you not sure what you shouldn't be doing on Scratch? Reread the Community Guidelines, they'll help.
tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nomolos wrote:

Hmm, this seems sort of like one of those charities where the owner spends the money on whatever he'd like, instead of donating it to those ‘orphans’, or in this case ‘new scratchers’.

Look at all these ‘Fresh Supporters’! They've requested to be a member! But what does that do, does that do anything for people who want attention?

I mean, two ‘Supporter’ ranks aren't even about supporting scratchers. It's just advertising this thing. You're getting member after member, but has this charity been doing any good? Who has seriously benefited from it? You are getting the attention you want, but the people supposedly targeted aren't.

I understand you. I'll make an example so you can understand what i want to do doing this easily. Someone sees this project, and he wants to help. He doesn't want to put an unknown Scratcher name in his profile for some reason, so he just joins as a kind supporter. How will he help here? He'll advertise and someone will see the same thing here. He could do the same as the one mentioned before, but he could also want to feature a unknown Scratcher in his profile. That's what i'm looking for. Those who joined as fresh supporters may make someone who's here want to help, looking at the high amount of people that are in. Also, i've been “featuring” unknown Scratchers since 2.0 was out. I featured TruBlu (Reason of his “fame”) and Instinctive, who has got some attention.

sonicfan12p
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nomolos wrote:

I agree with this completely. I think you guys can do much better than you're doing now.

Comeback time? Maybe?
tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

sonicfan12p wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

I agree with this completely. I think you guys can do much better than you're doing now.

Read my reply to the post he made above.

Nomolos
Scratcher
100+ posts

tcodina wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

I understand you. I'll make an example so you can understand what i want to do doing this easily. Someone sees this project, and he wants to help. He doesn't want to put an unknown Scratcher name in his profile for some reason, so he just joins as a kind supporter. How will he help here? He'll advertise and someone will see the same thing here. He could do the same as the one mentioned before, but he could also want to feature a unknown Scratcher in his profile. That's what i'm looking for. Those who joined as fresh supporters may make someone who's here want to help, looking at the high amount of people that are in. Also, i've been “featuring” unknown Scratchers since 2.0 was out. I featured TruBlu (Reason of his “fame”) and Instinctive, who has got some attention.
No, I'm not blaming you. You're a great Scratcher, and your humble and like sharing and things. However, I don't believe that this is being used to benefit, and think it could be improved.

Instead of giving people ranks, and making them feel superior and important, you should have a small group of people, who search all of Scratch and bring great projects to light.

Hey! Are you not sure what you shouldn't be doing on Scratch? Reread the Community Guidelines, they'll help.
tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nomolos wrote:

tcodina wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

No, I'm not blaming you. You're a great Scratcher, and your humble and like sharing and things. However, I don't believe that this is being used to benefit, and think it could be improved.

Instead of giving people ranks, and making them feel superior and important, you should have a small group of people, who search all of Scratch and bring great projects to light.

Thanks. I see what you want to mean. The rank system is meant to be used to encourage people have the highest rank. By having the highest rank, they would help a lot in this project.

Nomolos
Scratcher
100+ posts

tcodina wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

tcodina wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

Thanks. I see what you want to mean. The rank system is meant to be used to encourage people have the highest rank. By having the highest rank, they would help a lot in this project.
Ok, and I see how that could be encouraging. I just feel that it's wrong somehow, and would make it differently if I created a campaign like this myself.

tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nomolos wrote:

tcodina wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

tcodina wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

Ok, and I see how that could be encouraging. I just feel that it's wrong somehow, and would make it differently if I created a campaign like this myself.

Yeah, it can be. You would have done it better. At first i didn't want to make a topic, but i had to to encourage people to give attention to unknown Scratchers, because the project wasn't working.

Nomolos
Scratcher
100+ posts

tcodina wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

tcodina wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

tcodina wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

Yeah, it can be. You would have done it better. At first i didn't want to make a topic, but i had to to encourage people to give attention to unknown Scratchers, because the project wasn't working.
It's ok, good luck with the project!

tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nomolos wrote:

tcodina wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

tcodina wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

tcodina wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

It's ok, good luck with the project!

Thanks!

sonicfan12p
Scratcher
1000+ posts

To end this quote chain, but also help the conversation, I will offer a suggestion. Perhaps make the kind supporter prerequisites the qualification for fresh supporter, and then on one of the other ranks, have the member advertise a lesser known scratcher in their signature. Just a thought.

Comeback time? Maybe?
tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

sonicfan12p wrote:

To end this quote chain, but also help the conversation, I will offer a suggestion. Perhaps make the kind supporter prerequisites the qualification for fresh supporter, and then on one of the other ranks, have the member advertise a lesser known scratcher in their signature. Just a thought.

People usually ignore most information in the first post, so i think that i should keep it how it is.