Discuss Scratch

TeamMagixZone
Scratcher
100+ posts

Can't import .bmp images!

I tried loading from file, but WHY won't it work?

I'm really annoyed right now, i can do this on School computer, but why not on mine?

My browser / operating system: Windows 8, Chrome 30.0.1599.69, Flash 11.9 (release 900)
P110
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TeamMagixZone wrote:

I tried loading from file, but WHY won't it work?

I'm really annoyed right now, i can do this on School computer, but why not on mine?

My browser / operating system: Windows 8, Chrome 30.0.1599.69, Flash 11.9 (release 900)
Could you tell me exactly what is happening (do you click to import and nothing happens)
TeamMagixZone
Scratcher
100+ posts

yes, i go to the file and click open.
P110
Scratcher
1000+ posts

does a window open asking you to choose a file?
TeamMagixZone
Scratcher
100+ posts

yes.
P110
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TeamMagixZone wrote:

yes.
ok, after this nothing happens? This sounds like an old bug from quite a while ago (way back in the beta)… This was supposed to be fixed I think, I'd talk to Scratch team
TeamMagixZone
Scratcher
100+ posts

P110 wrote:

TeamMagixZone wrote:

yes.
ok, after this nothing happens? This sounds like an old bug from quite a while ago (way back in the beta)… This was supposed to be fixed I think, I'd talk to Scratch team
Note that the file is .BMP in capital letters, and i did click open on the file. and nothing happened. This is fine on my school computer, but why not mine?
P110
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TeamMagixZone wrote:

P110 wrote:

TeamMagixZone wrote:

yes.
Note that the file is .BMP in capital letters, and i did click open on the file. and nothing happened. This is fine on my school computer, but why not mine?
I don't know, if it was a specifically big file, then the problem is obvious, it would take time to upload but if it isn't I'm not sure, maybe your internet is slower than your schools?
TeamMagixZone
Scratcher
100+ posts

I have Sky Broadband it's very fast.

the file size is 1.37MB, but resizing won't work, and it still won't upload even if i make the image smaller…
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Are you trying to import it as a sprite costume? Or as a user icon or avatar?

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;
TeamMagixZone
Scratcher
100+ posts

Costume, for the loading screen background for my game, i was able to do it a few days ago, but not now?

I tried assigning it to the Stage, where the loading screen's costume is located.
P110
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TeamMagixZone wrote:

I have Sky Broadband it's very fast.

the file size is 1.37MB, but resizing won't work, and it still won't upload even if i make the image smaller…
yep… that's not the problem then….

Well.. Paddle2See has answered now so I'll leave it to them
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

There have been some changes with image handling recently - but I didn't think it affected the project editor.

Have you tried importing it into 1.4 to see if that works? Or, you could use an image editor to convert it to PNG or JPG and bring it in that way…if you need it quickly.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;
TeamMagixZone
Scratcher
100+ posts

Paddle2See wrote:

There have been some changes with image handling recently - but I didn't think it affected the project editor.

Have you tried importing it into 1.4 to see if that works? Or, you could use an image editor to convert it to PNG or JPG and bring it in that way…if you need it quickly.

I did all of that, it didn't work… I don't know what's going on.

Was it becuase it has capital letters like this? “.BMP”

Or is it becuase of something else?

I really don't know. I'm updating to Windows 8.1, so i will look at this again later.
TeamMagixZone
Scratcher
100+ posts

Tried again on Windows 8.1, no success.

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 6.3, Chrome 30.0.1599.69, Flash 11.9 (release 900)
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Apparently, we have had a bug with importing BMP for a while, here's the entry in the bug tracker. What I don't understand is that you were able to import it on one computer - perhaps you were using Scratch 1.4 on that computer?

(credit to Za-Chary)

;
TeamMagixZone
Scratcher
100+ posts

no, i was using Scratch 2.0 Online.
jtd123
Scratcher
4 posts

I can't Import anything, I used to have no problem but now it's not working
TeamMagixZone
Scratcher
100+ posts

jtd123 wrote:

I can't Import anything, I used to have no problem but now it's not working

You should make a new thread for that rather than bumping a 3 year old one…