Discuss Scratch

pinnipediator
Scratcher
100+ posts

Any Artists who can draw warrior cats Please help Spriting With Warriors Pokemon ROMhack

Hi guys, people, human beings, etc.
Currently, i'm learning how to hack old pokemon games, like Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen, to make my own pokemon games, that anyone can play as a Game ROM.
If you've lost me already, and you want to find out why i want artists already, carry on reading, because this is why i want artists, i'm explaining myself slowly.
hang on.

I had this cool idea to make a pokemon game where you run around like usual, just instead of catching pokemon, you catch characters from the much-loved Warrior Cats series.
basically, you play a warrior cats computer game.
If you're wondering ‘What on earth?’, It has been done before with My little Pony Friendship is magic- Here.

Ponymon is the best game ever.

Okay, anyway, i'm getting on fastish with the text, the maps, and quickly learning how to do all the rest, but i am short of artwork.
I took the book Forest of secrets and basically took all the names from it and used them as characters-
so every cat (let's take for example Yellowfang), has 3 evolutionary levels, kit, apprentice, warrior.
I am yet to work out how to deal with characters that go beyond a warrior (for example bluestar).
I need every character anyone can find over the first 6 books as a kit, apprentice and warrior, and for each one of those, i need a view from the front, behind and as a tiny little 8 pixel by 8 pixel tile.

If anyone can help with this, i'd be very very grateful.
Also, if anyone considerably more experienced at ROMhacking than i am (more experienced than about a month), i'd love your help too, as i'm not sure how to do a lot of this. A lot of this i haven't even planned though (like what to call it, what are the starter cats, Who to have as legendaries, gyms, types, etc) so if you can't do anything else, but you're willing to help plan, because you know the pokemon games very well and you know the first 6 books very well too, then i'd love your help as well.

If i get more than 2 more experienced ROM hackers, we might consider helping other people learn, and if this just ends up as trash at the bottom of the making and creating forum, well, at least i tried

Also, if this becomes a sort of collab, then that's fine too.

PS, i'm working off of FireRed

“Death, taxes and teddy bears- three things you can always rely on”-
Garfield the Cat.

The Intelligence Division's Bandcamp
pinnipediator
Scratcher
100+ posts

Any Artists who can draw warrior cats Please help Spriting With Warriors Pokemon ROMhack

Just so people know first off- here's the copyright message.
If you want to help, you can't break these rules.

1. I will not make any money from this.
2. I will not make this out to be official.
3. Erin Hunter and HarperCollins Children's books reserve the right (whether they know it or not) to stop this project should they ever want to.
4. This project is not licensed by or affiliated with nintendo, gamefreak, the pokemon group etc.
5. The groups mentioned above in chapter 4 reserve the right( whether they know it or not) to stop this project, should they want to.
6. When the project is complete, or nearing completion, the game will be released on the internet open -source in the form of a Game ROM, for anyone to play, free of charge and abiding by all the previously mentioned rules.
7. The people involved in this project withhold the right to add to or change these rules, should they be challenged.
8. Anyone can challenge these rules, but only the groups mentioned above can stop this project.
9. The Scratch team and M.I.T. reserve the right (whether they know it or not) to stop this project while their forums play host to it. Should the project be moved, this rule no longer applies.
10. These Rules still apply even if the project dies or is never fully started, however media shared online because of this project will not be removed or deleted unless requested by any of the aforementioned groups.

Don't let these rules put you off, they're only there because they have to be.

Garfield the Cat.

pinnipediator
Scratcher
100+ posts

Update:
I'm working off of emerald, and i have the final 150 cats decided.
The starters are Leopardkit, Bluekit and Nightkit.
The Groundon/kyogre replacements are Tigerstar and Firestar.
The Regis are Tallstar, Brokenstar and Crookedstar.

Garfield the Cat.

metro00
Scratcher
14 posts

So do I draw them with computer graphics or by hand? I can draw cats pretty well, but I don't do manga.

BTW can I get the full list? How do I send it?

Last edited by metro00 (Aug. 4, 2013 21:41:11)

An unidentified kumquat ate this scratcher's signature.
Epicness123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This is too advanced,people only usually make pokemon rom-hacks with other Nintendo characters.

Sadly, my kumquats were eaten by an evil forum signature.
Epicness123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pinnipediator wrote:

Update:
You will be able to use a Pokeball on cats?
And cats will have Trainer Cards?
And bags?!?!?
And random moves like Flamethrower, Vine Whip, Earthquake, Water Gun,and others?

Last edited by Epicness123 (Aug. 4, 2013 06:01:47)

Sadly, my kumquats were eaten by an evil forum signature.
jfmlove6
Scratcher
100+ posts

Epicness123 wrote:

pinnipediator wrote:

Update:
And bags?!?!?
And random moves like Flamethrower, Vine Whip, Earthquake, Water Gun,and others?
ok so
theres a game based around characters that are just mutated animals with powers
a guy makes a ROMhack with cats
and you think its weird

what

ZUBS CAN RIDE HIS HALF-ROASTED HORSE RIGHT BACK INTO THE MOONSHINE
——————————————————————————————————————————
pinnipediator
Scratcher
100+ posts

metro00 wrote:

So do I draw them with computer graphics or by hand? I can draw cats pretty well, but I don't do manga.

Really doesn't matter, but i'd recommend a computer- all images can only use 16 colours and must be 64 by 64 pixels.
Put them in a scratch project and put a link to the scratch project in this topic. Then i can download the images off of the project.
I don't mind if it isn't manga.
To start with, Nightstar, Leopardfur and Bluestar as a kit, apprentice, warrior and leader.

Epicness123 wrote:

This is too advanced,people only usually make pokemon rom-hacks with other Nintendo characters.

Google Ponymon.
Download Ponymon.
Play Ponymon (Trust me it's addictive, it's also a real downer when it ends)
Then tell me if it's too complicated.

Epicness123 wrote:

pinnipediator wrote:

Update:
And bags?!?!?

No, a normal person is walking around, catching all the different cats, and a cat using flamethrower isn't stupid, it's not only random, it's funny!
But i'll change the names of the attacks, so it sort of makes more sense.

jfmlove6 wrote:

Epicness123 wrote:

pinnipediator wrote:

Update:
And bags?!?!?
ok so
and you think its weird

what

Thank you
Finally, a niceish comment

Garfield the Cat.

jfmlove6
Scratcher
100+ posts

pinnipediator wrote:

metro00 wrote:

Really doesn't matter, but i'd recommend a computer- all images can only use 16 colours and must be 64 by 64 pixels.
Put them in a scratch project and put a link to the scratch project in this topic. Then i can download the images off of the project.
To start with, Nightstar, Leopardfur and Bluestar as a kit, apprentice, warrior and leader.

Epicness123 wrote:

Google Ponymon.
Download Ponymon.

Epicness123 wrote:

pinnipediator wrote:

Update:
And bags?!?!?

No, a normal person is walking around, catching all the different cats, and a cat using flamethrower isn't stupid, it's not only random, it's funny!

jfmlove6 wrote:

Epicness123 wrote:

pinnipediator wrote:

Update:
And bags?!?!?
ok so
and you think its weird

what

Thank you
your welcome :^)

ZUBS CAN RIDE HIS HALF-ROASTED HORSE RIGHT BACK INTO THE MOONSHINE
——————————————————————————————————————————
pinnipediator
Scratcher
100+ posts

jfmlove6 wrote:

pinnipediator wrote:

metro00 wrote:

Epicness123 wrote:

Google Ponymon.
Download Ponymon.

Epicness123 wrote:

pinnipediator wrote:

Update:
And bags?!?!?

jfmlove6 wrote:

Epicness123 wrote:

pinnipediator wrote:

Update:
And bags?!?!?
ok so
and you think its weird

what

Thank you
your welcome :^)

You had to quote that didn't you?
Okay, we're fed up of reading what's already been written, don't quote this again or the mods will go nuts.

Garfield the Cat.

maglush55
Scratcher
85 posts

look at this

when green flag clicked
forever

if <say [Hello!]> then
Fart for (10) secs

end

end
shatteredice0917
Scratcher
58 posts

shatteredice0917
Scratcher
58 posts

I drew it by hand.it is a gray kitten,
jj20527
New to Scratch
2 posts

k I really love the idea, but I want to help! I CANT DRAW why!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there any other way I can help? Also im not good at coding I SUCK
jj20527
New to Scratch
2 posts

actually if u think my cc on my page , check it out is good I can draw a lil better than that
VixenMangleTheFox
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I can draw warrior cats and some Pokemon. I read a TON of the Warrior Cats books so anyone can ask me.

i was a warrior cats kid

i feel like you all deserve to know that
PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guys, this topic is over 2 years old and I reckon that the OP has lost interest and moved away from this production. Please read the post date and check for reverence before posting.