Discuss Scratch

ErnieParke
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wiki Question: Lightnin & Quote

Again, a sad thing has occurred in the Wiki:

While this can be supported by Scratch's nature as a programming language, many Scratchers are still open to the new style of Scratch art.

Scratch is about being creative. That's why we don't capitalize “program” in “imagine, program, share”. So Scratch is open to everyone - even artists. – Lightnin, Scratch Team at MIT[citation needed]

Could someone please give a link to where Lightnin said the quote above? Thank you!

ErnieParke
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump
Up
Many
Pealed Pecans

I'll also be asking Lightnin to see if he can help out.

scimonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I've done a couple searches but never found it.

Retired Community Moderator
BTW, i run Google Chrome 41.0.2272.101 on a Linux system - Ubuntu 14.04. NEW: iPad 4th gen. w/retina.

418 I'm a teapot (original - to be read by bored computer geeks)
THE GAME (you just lost)
; THE SEMICOLON LIVES ON IN OUR SIGS
Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I have no idea where I said that, but it's certainly believable that I did at some point. Probably it was in a comment responding to someone else's comment in which they capitalized “Program”.

Hmm. I have an idea that should solve this problem:

Scratch is about being creative. That's why we don't capitalize “program” in “imagine, program, share”. Scratch is open to everyone - artists, gamers, RPGers, and people who make stuff that can't be categorized.

^^^ I wrote that. So you can point the reference here. (Modified it a little bit, hope that's ok.)