Discuss Scratch

crazyjolly11
Scratcher
100+ posts

Joystick productions: Loads of spots open! Join NOW!

F1zero wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

F1zero wrote:

What you would like to be: preferably, I would like to be a coder, but, as you are full of coders, could I be a musician?
Why you would like to be it: I love math and coding! Also, I love music, and need a challenge.
A project that you made which shows how you are good at your job. (Example: If I wanted to be an artist, then I would link a project that shows your artist skills.): I don't have many projects, just look on my profile. If you need a demo of some music, please give me a brief idea of what you want.
How active you are on Scratch: 3hrs and more every day! Yeh, you could say I'm an addict…
How active you are likely to be on the collab: Every second day at least!

Thanks for reading my post, and if I'm accepted, please give me a job ASAP.

Cheers,
-F1

You are in! I guess you could be a coder, as everybody looks slightly inactive here. So I'll put you as, say, a temporary coder? And a musician as well.
Oh, and your task, go to our studio (there should be a link to it on this page somewhere) and look at the projects in the studio. Try to get a feel for the game we are making and find some music that will go with it. Some of the projects do have music, but as you'll probably notice, the music is from the Scratch sound file thing. The bad news is that I don't have a microphone (or at least I don't think I have), so I can't record music or anything. However, I'm presuming you have a microphone?

Sorry for the very wordy comment,

Crazyjolly11
Sorry for the slow reply, but I can't do voice recording (no good mics). Please don't close the collab!

-F1
Voice recording? We probably won't need that (unless we do some animations), I was thinking like if you found some good music on the radio or something, then you could record it. Also, I don't think we're going to get far with only one active musician and temporary coder and me. Are you any good at drawing (probably in bitmap, as I find it easier to draw in that style)? For the music, find some jungly sort of theme. We can try and test out a few tunes. I was thinking of the theme tune from ‘Skywire 2’, but I think it's a bit too hyper and fast-paced for our game. Besides, I can't get it to work on my sound file. Also, I have got a microphone (I thought you needed a literal microphone - like the one singers sing into, but I found I have a built in one) on the laptop which is quite bad, I'll try my computer and see how good that one is.
F1zero
Scratcher
100 posts

crazyjolly11 wrote:

F1zero wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

F1zero wrote:

What you would like to be: preferably, I would like to be a coder, but, as you are full of coders, could I be a musician?
Why you would like to be it: I love math and coding! Also, I love music, and need a challenge.
A project that you made which shows how you are good at your job. (Example: If I wanted to be an artist, then I would link a project that shows your artist skills.): I don't have many projects, just look on my profile. If you need a demo of some music, please give me a brief idea of what you want.
How active you are on Scratch: 3hrs and more every day! Yeh, you could say I'm an addict…

Cheers,
-F1

You are in! I guess you could be a coder, as everybody looks slightly inactive here. So I'll put you as, say, a temporary coder? And a musician as well.
Oh, and your task, go to our studio (there should be a link to it on this page somewhere) and look at the projects in the studio. Try to get a feel for the game we are making and find some music that will go with it. Some of the projects do have music, but as you'll probably notice, the music is from the Scratch sound file thing. The bad news is that I don't have a microphone (or at least I don't think I have), so I can't record music or anything. However, I'm presuming you have a microphone?

Crazyjolly11
Sorry for the slow reply, but I can't do voice recording (no good mics). Please don't close the collab!

-F1
Voice recording? We probably won't need that (unless we do some animations), I was thinking like if you found some good music on the radio or something, then you could record it. Also, I don't think we're going to get far with only one active musician and temporary coder and me. Are you any good at drawing (probably in bitmap, as I find it easier to draw in that style)? For the music, find some jungly sort of theme. We can try and test out a few tunes. I was thinking of the theme tune from ‘Skywire 2’, but I think it's a bit too hyper and fast-paced for our game. Besides, I can't get it to work on my sound file. Also, I have got a microphone (I thought you needed a literal microphone - like the one singers sing into, but I found I have a built in one) on the laptop which is quite bad, I'll try my computer and see how good that one is.
I know another person that could be a coder - he's not the best but he's still pretty good. I've got an app called ‘figure’ for iPad and iPhone - it would be perfect for ‘sky wire 2’ like music. Also, I might be able to pull some people from Shadowed Pixel ( in my signature ) to help. Anyway, what's our first project going to be? Hope to get started soon.

Cheers,
-F1
crazyjolly11
Scratcher
100+ posts

F1zero wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

F1zero wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

F1zero wrote:

Cheers,
-F1

Crazyjolly11

-F1
I know another person that could be a coder - he's not the best but he's still pretty good. I've got an app called ‘figure’ for iPad and iPhone - it would be perfect for ‘sky wire 2’ like music. Also, I might be able to pull some people from Shadowed Pixel ( in my signature ) to help. Anyway, what's our first project going to be? Hope to get started soon.

Cheers,
-F1
Our first game is called ‘Shipwrecked’, we've got quite a lot done actually, look in our studio. That app thing sounds good, but I don't have an ipad or ipod (), so you will have to make some music. It would be nice if you could get more members, but don't make your comment/post/whatever too spam-y, otherwise it will repel members. Also, my computer (which I'm using quite a lot at the moment) does not have a microphone, so I can't do much recording.
crazyjolly11
Scratcher
100+ posts

I am closing this! I am angry with all of you! (OK, I'm not TOO angry, but I'm still in a rage )

Sorry guys. I have to do this.

Last edited by crazyjolly11 (July 17, 2014 05:56:32)