Discuss Scratch

Titan_Entertainment
Scratcher
28 posts

18 July 2013 Changes...

There is a bug where after you create a couple new sprites or costumes, it won't let you copy a costume, create a new costume, or create a new sprite, the smybol just stays highlighted blue. You have to exit the editor and come back in to create a new costume, sprite, etc. Please fix.
RedsoxTrolledYou
New to Scratch
2 posts

18 July 2013 Changes...

Paddle2See wrote:

Lightnin is still out this week - so it's me again

Remix Trees
-Preview images on the remix tree are much bigger now.
-Reaction when you hover over things is fast now, since we're no longer rendering text as svg outlines
-You can mouse over chains of projects to quickly look through them now

Project Editor
- Text tools in Paint Editor now have multiple fonts (5) - possibly a few more to follow later - check them out!
- Added a colon to sprite variable monitors between the sprite name and the variable name, (e.g. “cat: hunger
level”)
- fixed a few translation issues

Comments
- New comments can now be turned off for Profiles, Projects, and Studios by the owner

Notifications / Messages
- No visible changes but code has been rewritten for better structure and reliability

Text Filtering
- New API to the censoring system
- Expansion of censoring to project and profile text entry areas.

Studio Images
- Fixed a bug that was preventing Firefox browser users from changing the image on studios.

New Scratchers
- There was a bug preventing New Scratchers from getting an invitation to proceed to Scratcher status - that bug should be fixed now

I noticed that the fonts are really good. I made a font test!

Welcome to the dark side, we have complimentary salsa.

"The racist mind is a racist kind. You don't give a man a peanut expecting him to have a farm the next day but that's okay, because soon we will all be equals. ~JonTron
horido6
Scratcher
5 posts

18 July 2013 Changes...

Awesome! Best Update Yet! ...Until Cloud Lists Come Out
But Seriously, I've Been Waiting For Vector Fonts A Long Time, And It Is An Amazing Addition. (Yes, It Deserves The Alliteration.)

Well Done Scratch Team!
Give Yourselves All Pats On The Scratches. I Mean- Backs.

-H6
- - - - - - -
Horido6:
NeonFanta Studios: Head Of Art And Executive Producer.
SUPER PRODUCTIONS: Animator, Artist, Advertiser And Artistic Designer.
zorket
Scratcher
500+ posts

18 July 2013 Changes...

Finally fonts!

Yes
ezylryb99
Scratcher
14 posts

18 July 2013 Changes...

FINALLY! FONTS!

Playing Minecraft. Don't bother me…
jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

18 July 2013 Changes...

Paddle2See wrote:

Project Editor
- Text tools in Paint Editor now have multiple fonts (5) - possibly a few more to follow later - check them out! YAAAY!
- Added a colon to sprite variable monitors between the sprite name and the variable name, (e.g. “cat: hunger
level”)
- fixed a few translation issues

Notifications / Messages
- No visible changes but code has been rewritten for better structure and reliability It said I had 9. I was gone for a week, and I was curated. I had around 60.

New Scratchers
- There was a bug preventing New Scratchers from getting an invitation to proceed to Scratcher status - that bug should be fixed now I wish there was invitations on 1.x! It would have been so much cooler than having to figure it out yourself!

This made me cry. NO!!! NOT THE BOW TIE!!!
DalmationCat
Scratcher
20 posts

18 July 2013 Changes...

FONTSSSSSS OMG YES

Failord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

18 July 2013 Changes...

Please add Impact as a font! That's one of my favorites!

Also: We should have the ability to have smooth or jagged font, to better make 1.4 text backwards-compatible.

Thanks for the ride, Scratch Team and community! Unfortunately, the time has come for me to move on from Scratch, so I'll no longer be using the forums. Thanks again, and farewell!
Invisible text! This will show you if a profile I claim to be mine IS mine. Just remember to visit the profile and see if I confirmed in the comments.
For old time's sake, see the revolutionary Laser Battle 2.0! Also see Unstoppable Game!

And no, the evil kumquats didn't alter my signature…
Eintity
Scratcher
100+ posts

18 July 2013 Changes...

Paddle2See wrote:

Project Editor
- Text tools in Paint Editor now have multiple fonts (5) - possibly a few more to follow later - check them out!
Finally! I've been waiting ages for that! Great updates, Scratch team!

JDM or die!
My PC's Specs: 3.5 GHz- 3.9 GHz Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Sapphire AMD R9 280X Dual-X OC, 1 TB HDD + 260 GB SSD (OS), 24“ 1080p Display
My iMac G4's Specs: 1 GHz PowerPC G4, 1 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia Geforce 2 MX, 80 GB ATA, 15” 768p Display

Eintity
Scratcher
100+ posts

18 July 2013 Changes...

Paddle2See wrote:

Project Editor
Can you add a Raleway Thin font?

Last edited by Eintity (July 20, 2013 23:15:35)

JDM or die!
My PC's Specs: 3.5 GHz- 3.9 GHz Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Sapphire AMD R9 280X Dual-X OC, 1 TB HDD + 260 GB SSD (OS), 24“ 1080p Display
My iMac G4's Specs: 1 GHz PowerPC G4, 1 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia Geforce 2 MX, 80 GB ATA, 15” 768p Display

BoltBait
Scratcher
1000+ posts

18 July 2013 Changes...

BoltBait wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

Notifications / Messages
- No visible changes but code has been rewritten for better structure and reliability

Not sure if these changes were meant to give more accurate indicators, but they're not.

This morning it said I had 6 messages. I clicked in and saw only 5.

This morning the indicator said (2). I clicked in and found 21 messages waiting for me.

Click to play:
LeDerpy123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

18 July 2013 Changes...

Question: Because it censors bad words… Do we need to make safe lists for safe chats?

My specs: Windows 8.1.2 - 3 GB RAM - Intel Core2 Quad - IE11
FirstSkyler1
Scratcher
100+ posts

18 July 2013 Changes...

LeDerpy123 wrote:

Question: Because it censors bad words… Do we need to make safe lists for safe chats?
Not sure if it censors lists or variables, but I WANT THAT!

Last edited by FirstSkyler1 (Dec. 18, 3013 7:45:49)
jaredgeo
Scratcher
9 posts

18 July 2013 Changes...

FONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTSFONTS _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_ _meow_
kaboompow
Scratcher
14 posts

18 July 2013 Changes...

thanks for all the updates! I kinda wish there were more options for custom blocks like making them reporter blocks and stuff. still, it's awesome to even have them! also maybe make the face be made with a B) or something. not very important, of course.

sratch = awesome
ocool72
Scratcher
43 posts

18 July 2013 Changes...

yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo767v876t8
vedkhandekar
Scratcher
47 posts

18 July 2013 Changes...

Thanks a lot for Fonts!
How far did you reach in making Scratch 2.0 offline? Because I have a lot of ideas but to make them I need Scratch 2.0, I do not like to connect the Internet every time.
And yes Thanks for Scratch 2.0!

P.S I would like to test Scratch 2.0 Beta offline version!

Paint your imagination here!
Play the classic Tic-Tac-Toe
Pop some Bubbles!
And more! Visit here for more stuff!

And if you have questions, just ask!
chocolatepenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

18 July 2013 Changes...

LeDerpy123 wrote:

Yes.

amazingmario2011
Scratcher
4 posts

18 July 2013 Changes...

The backpack is unreliable for putting in sounds sometimes. I hope the scratch foundation will fix this bug.
chocolatepenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

18 July 2013 Changes...

amazingmario2011 wrote:

The backpack is unreliable for putting in sounds sometimes. I hope the scratch foundation will fix this bug.
We know. And it's not the Scratch Foundation, it's the Scratch Team.

Last edited by chocolatepenguin (July 21, 2013 11:08:18)